Amazon Game Studios is seeking a Senior Technical Game Designer to join our team in sunny San Diego, CA. This designer will work with our Creative Director to design the captivating game systems and content that drive exciting and dynamic game play for an unannounced massively multiplayer game.
- Generate documentation to clearly communicate ideas and goals.
- Develop data-gathering methods for game balancing and tuning through focus testing, then implement changes based on the data.
- Work closely with QA to ensure quality throughout the product lifecycle.
- Design, learn, and optimize new tools and workflows with minimal supervision.
- Work with all departments on the scheduling and integration of systems designs, as well as feature development goals and execution.
- Prototype, implement and balance system variables to create an entertaining gameplay experience for a diverse array of play styles.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and leads to design, implement, and own game systems, features, and content.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of game design experience in a relevant role.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 in AAA game production
- Experience designing systems and content for multiplayer games.
- Knowledge and experience using UE4 Blueprints.
- Experience designing systems and content for RPGs.
- Strong methodology and problem solving ability, with focus on creative and fun gameplay.
- Proven experience in a professional game production pipeline.
- Shipped 1+ AAA titles as a game designer.
- Comfortable working in game editors and understanding engine/game constraints and opportunities.
- Able to accept and give constructive criticism and maintain a professional attitude.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A