The Planning Manager is responsible for all activities related to supply planning from production forecasts to finished good delivery. This person is responsible for working cross functionally with local and remote Operations team driving planning and order fulfillment.
- Clearly communicate supply and demand strategy to senior/executive stakeholders.
- Clearly communicate our manufacturing partner’s current production situation to senior/executive stakeholders.
- Analyze demand changes. Ensure supply aligns with demand requirements.
- Create and maintain a production schedule using the capacity plan, material constraints, and demand as inputs.
- Develop production strategies for new production introductions (NPI) through end of life (EOL) that balances supply and demand.
- Be responsible for supply planning report generation and distribution.
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any short or long term gaps in supply plans.
- Monitor and report supply chain costs.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with global manufacturing partners as required to reduce and eliminate shortages.
- Identify opportunities to improve the planning process and drive projects to completion.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members
- Understanding (and practical application) of LEAN
- APICS certified
- Manufacturing operations background. Experience with LEAN manufacturing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with MS Office, specifically Excel
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and ability to think strategically and execute tactically in an ever changing environment.
- 5+ years Planning experience in a consumer market Segment Company
- 5+ years Supply Chain management experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A