Human in Loop service (Sagemaker Ground Truth and A2I) leverages machine and humans and enables customer to create good quality training data sets which they can use for training their machine learning model. The quality of model and the inferences in production is driven by the accuracy and quality of the human annotations across all modalities – Text, documents, 2D images, Video and 3D point cloud. We’re looking for an analytical and customer-obsessed Program Manager who can directly work with the crowd to drive the efficiency and quality of the annotations. This will require them to understand the requirements, establishing the policies and guidelines for the annotators, work closely with product & engineering to ensure product is built and tested at every stage of development for efficiency and quality. This role will tap into their ability to wear multiple hats, working with product, UX, engineering, customers and customer service teams to address issues/solve new challenges and shape the business. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to have a large impact business unit within. Strong interpersonal skills are also important.
- Developing key processes, policies, metrics and performance indicators to measure overall annotation performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
- Developing and effectively communicating strategies & plans in narrative format.
- Collaboration with product and engineering teams to build and launch new features and programs.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for improving customer experience and reducing delivery cost through data analysis.
- Clarify and drive short-term project priorities and commitments, as well as establish and maintain clear chains of project management and accountability.
- Working directly with various internal and external annotation workforces to ensure best user experience in the product and it is optimized for cost and quality.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, SQL.
- Leveraging technology to invent, improve, and scale.
- Ability to handle the day-to-day management of tasks, prioritization and resolution of problems and issues and experience in implementing action plans to meet objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- business operations, vendor management is preferable.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- 2 years of relevant work experience in Program management, process improvement and/or digital/high-technology companies/products.
- Self-starter and possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A