The SDS (Shipping and Delivery Service) Senior Manager Operations, US Virtual Customer Service (Senior Manager) is responsible for leading and setting the operational direction for the United States (US) Shipping and Delivery Services (SDS) Virtual Customer Service (VCS) work from home team. In this role, the Senior Manager will lead a team of 600+ Customer Service Associates, Team Managers, Group Managers and Operations Managers working 24×7, 365 days a year from home to improve customer experience, increase productivity and uphold service levels. The Senior Manager will also provide strong people leadership and talent development at all levels of the organization. Additionally, the Sr. Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining a process improvement, defect reduction culture to improve customer and driver experiences. This is a senior-level management position that is fully accountable for all aspects of their Virtual Customer Service team along with a small physical team within the US and will work from home.
- Builds an inclusive and diverse organization of leadership through hiring, talent development and management with a strong output of talent exportation to roles of greater scope and complexity.
- Build and maintain a strong process improvement culture focused on reducing customer and driver facing defects to drive improvements to the experience for both.
- Guides the direction of the team through organizational complexities and change using mechanisms that scale.
- Combines a deep cross-functional business understanding with a high bar for results delivered across businesses of varying size, complexity and age; with a bar raising focus on waste removal and process improvement.
- The SDS Senior Manager, Operations US shapes the overall strategic direction of Virtual Customer Service US Shipping and Delivery Service on a short term and long-term basis including, but not limited to:
- Customer experience, Employee experience, Operational Excellence, Cost Avoidance and Talent Development in accordance with business and financial goal.
- Leading vision and results beyond Virtual Customer Service US Shipping and Delivery Service to contribute at a global level to solve similar problems and maximize resources.
- Experienced senior business leader with project management experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in customer service operations or a related field with 6+ years’ experience leading a large scale operation
- 8+ years’ experience leading a large scale customer service operation.
- Strong performance in current role.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to deliver results and drive a culture of continuous improvement using Six Sigma/Lean Processes.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading and motivating a diverse workforce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boise, ID, US
Application Deadline: N/A