Business Data Technologies (BDT) collects petabytes of data from thousands of data sources inside and outside Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day.
We’re looking for engineers with an eye for details who’ll take our frontends for data analysis and job management services to the next level! You’ll be owning central user experiences and APIs that enable our users to create and manage tens of millions of analysis jobs every month. You’ll be part of a cross-functional 2-pizza team frontend and backend engineers, and engage with product management, customers and BDT leadership to evolve one of BDT’s most important services.
- The Neuron team consists of backend, frontend and machine learning engineers, as well as project and product managers.
- Our culture is built around recognising diverse perspectives and we do not suppress opinions for the sake of conformity.
- In the same vein, we work together and empower one another to grow our careers.
- The goal is learn and have fun together while delivering results for Amazon!
- We always strive to use AWS serverless technologies, and processes that can be safely automated, we automate.
- We also recognize that all software eventually runs its course, always looking to deprecate undifferentiated technologies.
- This team has an exciting charter to bill the users for one of Amazon’s largest data lake
- We’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars attributed to thousands of consumers across all of Amazon, including Alexa, eCommerce, IMDB, Prime and more!
Qualification & Experience:
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience building tools for data scientists or developers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- 5+ years of web development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with building software with accessibility in mind.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A