Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides cloud infrastructure for many of the world’s largest companies, and AWS Auto Scaling is building the next generation of Auto Scaling – offering even more “cloud intelligence” allowing our customers to intelligently and dynamically scales applications. We build on over 10 years of experience creating and operating one of the world’s largest cloud computing platform.
As a Software Development Manager at AWS, you have the opportunity to manage a software engineering team building the tools customers rely on to run their businesses. You will influence our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team members and be part of the larger technical leadership community of Amazon. This position provides the opportunity to work in a creative environment and be part of a culture of innovation with a focus on delighting our users.
- Our team puts a high value on work-life balance.
- It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
- We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment.
- We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months.
- We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant.
- When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new members.
- We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
- Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
- We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented skills
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven skills
- Experience building distributed systems and web services
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and
- business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- In-depth knowledge of computer science, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 10+ years of software development experience with 5+ years of software development manager
- Experience working in an agile software development organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A