These are some of the most important questions at Amazon today. Canada Customer Fulfillment (CACF) will be the answer to many of those questions. Our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) utilize Amazon robotics, scanning machines, and computer systems that track millions of items in a day. As part of the team, you will utilize cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, participate in new site launches, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to senior leadership (C suite) driving decisions effecting millions of customers globally.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. Regular collaboration with executives and various business units across Amazon will allow you the opportunity to exhibit your verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role, provides an opportunity to improve and create new measures for site productivity, innovate creative solutions utilizing large scale data mining tools, identifying high priority work/projects to maximize results for key stakeholders, and solve complex problems effecting companywide strategic decision-making. This role will also have a focus on managing others, developing exceptional talent, and encouraging your team to find innovative solutions.
- Educating business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs while making thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there may be scarcity of data points.
- Oversee financial reporting for your business area, understanding input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning by using data to provide advice and/or disruptive ideas.
- Plan for the future by identifying and sponsoring Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that strengthen the global Finance community such as diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- With Controllership as the top priority, you will identify, resolve, or provide guidance on the resolution of complex data integrity issues while improving controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
- By becoming an expert in your lane, you will contribute to work life harmony as a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence and efficiency.
- Exhibiting social responsibility, activity recruit bar raising talent and continuously develop your team while becoming a supportive mentor of the Finance community.
- Intuitively utilize active listening skills to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner, adjusting your style based on audience, to articulate complex finance issues that enables informed decision-making.
- Manage a team of three + direct reports.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to effectively lean in, foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, and lead the resolution of issues and/or decisions.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
- Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A