The AWS Cloud spans 84 Availability Zones within 26 geographic regions around the world, with announced plans for 24 more Availability Zones and 8 more AWS Regions in 2022. AWS Global Infrastructure Map is constantly increasing at a significant rate. Come join us to make an impact in increasing the global footprint!
Our service provides managed, reliable, scalable and highly available relational databases on demand, and we are currently supporting the largest fleet of relational databases on Earth. We minimize the effort required to maintain databases by automating administrative tasks like backup / restore, scaling CPU / RAM / storage, setting up replicas for load-spreading and DR, and high availability / redundancy, allowing our customers to spend their valuable time focused on building their businesses.
- Establish best practices and drive improvements in design, development, automation and operations.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Write high quality code that is modular, functional, testable and extendable.
- Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Work closely with other cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Good understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience building and operating a large scale fault-tolerant distributed systems and relational databases.
- Excellent understanding of the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Passion for automation and providing a great customer experience.
- Experience developing micro-services.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills.
- Previous technical internship(s).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A