We are currently looking to hire a Workplace Health & Safety Technician to join the team and play a critical role in supporting the Amazon Logistics Operational teams onsite. We are looking for an independent individual who can still be a team player with the current WHS team members.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, and hands-on and customer obsessed individual, passionate about safety and able to drive strategy to build an engaging, safe, environment. They will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in safety whilst engaging operational and other support function stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a flexible when it comes to travel and working hours, as the working environment is fast pace.
- Monitor Dock and Yard safety procedures to ensure compliance
- Be able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving safety investigations
- Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish root cause and develop required action plans with relevant processes
- Attend health and safety meetings on a monthly basis
- Monitor the station for compliance to company safety procedures
- Advise associates and managers on company procedures and legal requirements within the level of a Coordinators knowledge. Know their own level of competence and not give information outside this level
- Be involved in undertaking action plans to ensure continuing compliance with Legislation
- Monitor Smart Handling safety procedures to ensure compliance
- Assist with risk assessments as required and follow up control measures to completion
- Undertake projects and information gathering to establish hazards and level of risk within the delivery station
- Carry out EHS training sessions for managers and associates as required
- Update internal records with regards to incidents, near misses and accidents
- Collate and produce weekly safety report as required
- Experience in logistics / operations/ warehouse/ customer oriented environment a plus.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Microsoft / Excel / Powerpoint
- NVQ Level 3 in a safety related field/NEBOSH Certificate L3 in General Health and Safety or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leicester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A