Do you have a passion for highly available, Tier-0 foundational services such as DNS? This role will be dedicated to building automation to streamline the AWS Region Build process. Our vision is to fully automate and enable zero-touch AWS Region builds thereby reducing the time it takes to build a region and freeing engineers to focus on building new services and capabilities. The successful candidate will be working alongside two established Software and Systems Development teams to automate Region Build tasks.
Systems Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedures and constantly innovate proactively. You will continuously identify areas of growth within the existing frameworks, tools and processes to develop further technical mechanisms to reduce waste and continuously improve. Critical thinking and ability to make trade-offs are key for the role.
- Convert human processes into software.
- Analyse operational procedures, identify gaps and propose improvements.
- Dive deep into code; author and review code changes.
- Execute tools and commands that create Region Build resources.
- Understand Infrastructure-as-code principles.
- Previous experience with automation frameworks (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Solid grasp of networking fundamentals, we’re looking for candidates who can troubleshoot at the packet capture level.
- Strong knowledge of *NIX systems and one or more of Java, Python, Ruby.
- Proven experience of making code changes in a higher-level language (Python, Ruby, Go, Java), in a mature environment using the Code Review process.
- Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
- Know how to run a scrum for a high performing team and get things done
- Track record of hiring and retaining great Engineers
- Minimum of 4 years experience with UNIX / Linux in a large-scale, production environment
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wolverhampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A