As a fast-growing service at the core of the AWS Cloud, our business and engineering decisions have widespread impact across AWS, Amazon, and beyond. Many of the world’s fastest growing businesses, such as Lyft, Airbnb, and Redfin, as well as enterprises, such as Samsung, Toyota, and Capital One, depend on the scale and performance of DynamoDB to support their mission-critical workloads.
- Being very hands on. Work with others on the engineering team to manage day-to-day development activities, and participate in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation.
- Delivering quality features on time and on budget.
- Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always being on the lookout for new technologies and working with management and the development team to bring in new technologies when appropriate.
- Running multi-engineer, cross-team projects, and mentoring others on project management and prioritization.
- Working with data scientists to understand the data they need, and acting on the insights they provide.
- Performing data analysis to identify opportunities to optimize our services.
- A track record of successfully leading the delivery of projects as part of an agile software development team
- Seven or more years of professional software development experience
- Five or more years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems or web services
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior engineers with less experience
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience with relational and nonrelational database systems
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree based on three or more years of work experience for every one year of education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A