We are looking for an agile-minded Front End Engineer to create and maintain central features across our global website.
- You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building cool interfaces using well-tested code.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, security and all the other things that make great software great.
- They will own the design and implementation of major deliverables end-to-end.
- This position requires collaboration with fellow software engineers, UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
- An understanding of the order fulfilment process for online retailers
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- Back and front-end testing – unit and functional tests
- Self-motivated with excellent time management
- Knowledge of how Webpack, Babel and front-end tooling work
- 4+ years professional experience in large-scale front-end software development
- Excellent communication skills
- Not afraid to show off your creative side
- An appetite for learning and trying new technologies
- Git and ideally GitHub experience
- Solid understanding of scalability and user experience
- Experience in working within the e-commerce space
- Strong sense of code quality and contributing to coding standards
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A