We are looking for a Team Leader who can bring Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment. You will assist the manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities. You will play a vital role in modeling expectations for store employees and contribute to a strong culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, and fun.
- Maintain a key to the store, and open and close the store following the proper procedures.
- Support supervisory tasks such as scheduling, payroll management, timesheet verification, and time and attendance.
- Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using customer engagement strategies, and role model desired behavior for the rest of the team.
- Help identify and communicate barriers and trends that contribute to the customer and employee experience, and support the manager in building a strong store culture.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
- Work with manager to maintain the physical safety of the merchandise and the store.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Work in a fast changing and ambiguous environment.
- Participate in store employee onboarding and in hiring interviews as required.
- Support floor leader responsibilities including providing peer-to-peer feedback on processes and standards, serving as the escalation point to assist associate peers in solving customer issues.
- Assist manager with operational functions, including merchandising, safety, reporting, and supply orders.
- Provide ongoing training to others, and assist manager in identifying training needs.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Prior experience in training others
- Previous experience in providing peer-to-peer feedback
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
Qualification & Experience:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- 1+ year of experience of floor leader or other leadership capacity, or 1+ years previous Amazon experience
- 3+ years of experience in retail or customer-facing environment, or 1+ years of Amazon experience
- Experience managing inventory in warehousing, retail or distribution setting
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Luton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A