This role will start between January 2022 and September 2022. This is a full-time position. Amazon is looking for high-potential leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as an entry-level manager. As a people manager, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a collaborative leadership style, while utilizing the tools, processes, and operations that have helped create the most customer-centric company on Earth.
If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, are energetic, and an organized self-starter, apply to join our team in Amazon Operations as an area manager! Amazon provides extensive training and development for entry level managers to learn to become exceptional people leaders. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
- As an area manager, you will have the opportunity to coach and develop your own team of Amazon associates in a distribution warehouse environment.
- Your main focus will be motivating, mentoring, and managing your team.
- As a people manager, you will ensure that the team of Amazon associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift.
- What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
- Our Operation’s workflow can be broken to three major lanes: first mile – where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile – where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile – when the product is delivered to your door.
- Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
- Develop performance goals and targets to achieve customer demand and ensure accuracy and quality
- Create, manage, and support recognition programs
- Coach, manage, and develop a team of 50 to 200 Amazon associates
- Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Communicate policies to your team and act as the primary information source for the team -maintaining compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
- Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Willing and able to work any permanent shift that may include overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation)
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to evaluate and dive deep into data to provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, STEM or another related field.
- Adept at the ability to motivate others in a deadline-focused environment
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree with a conferral date between May 2020 and August 2022
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A