Amazon’s WWOps HR team is seeking a data science visionary to help build a science and model-driven hiring technology of the future. This Sr. Manager, Data Science will be passionate, results-oriented, and inventive, and will build the right models and science-based strategies for a successful early-stage product, and it’s expansion to the global operations hiring business, while also defining the future of how Amazon scales and supports its global workforce across all phases of the employee lifecycle. The science leader in this role will lead a team focused on developing predictive models and generating insights that will influence the strategic decision making of the High-Volume Hiring org and enable the right decision-making in the technology-driven hiring process. This is a visible and impactful position that involves translating broad operational and candidate-facing problems into specific analytics projects, conducting deep quantitative analyses, and communicating results effectively.
- Be the voice of the customer across products and determine trends vs. outliers.
- Lead and provide coaching to a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
- Own the full development cycle: idea, design, prototype, impact assessment, A/B testing (including interpretation of results).
- Partner with Engineering, Product and Operations program leaders to develop data-driven business strategy.
- Scale analytics and insights offerings to multiple products.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive issues to resolution while communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in programming in R, Python, Scala or similar languages.
- 7+ years of experience producing models and analytics for business applications.
- Experience in standard machine-learning and statistical modeling tools and techniques (e.g. gradient-boosted regression, logistic regression).
- Experience in hiring and managing science teams.
- Knowledge of current ML techniques leverages within consumer facing technology companies.
- Master’s degree in an quantitative area such as mathematics, statistics, economics or similar.
- Familiarity with probability, probability distributions, statistics and causal inference.
- Demonstrated ability to balance technical and business needs to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing successful analytics-based solutions to business problems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A