We are looking for a detail-oriented Business Analyst with a passion for data. In this role, you will support a range of analytics efforts, including deriving data-backed insights into business performance, funnel analytics, causal inference, establish automated metrics & dashboards for continual monitoring and solve complex problems through data driven exploration.
- Accelerate progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers (e.g., “Path to green”), and by escalating appropriately.
- Identify and review ideas and use cases and clarify how they differ from existing solutions.
- Clearly articulate feature scope, timeline, owners, risks, and the steps being taken to mitigate those risk.
- Designing and implementing reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities.
- Articulate business pain points from a technical perspective and determine if the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in place and, if not, work to define them.
- Retrieving and analyzing data using Excel and/or any other data analysis tools.
- Develop scalable solutions/self-serve platforms that will provide data/KPIs to inform business decision making.
Qualification & Experience:
- MS Office experience, including experience with Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced experience using Tableau, SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role and conducting analysis.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations.
- Expertise in extracting and processing data using SQL.
- Experience with statistical modeling and analyzing large data sets.
- Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EML.
- Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and completing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irvine, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A