Our WW Operations network delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team as an Operations Manager. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of salaried and hourly talent. You will be responsible for engaging your team during their shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their team with the tools needed for success while driving improvements in productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. You will also play a key role in maintaining our customer expectations to ensure customer orders are delivered at the right time, to the right location.
- Work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
- Continuously climb and descend stairs (applies to sites with stairs)
- Lift up to 49 pounds and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Work in an environment that is subject to variable temperatures and weather (delivery stations include outside loading departments)
- Manage safety, quality, productivity, and customer delivery promises
- Build and execute productivity plans through forecast reviews, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Leaders to load balance
- Collaborate with all support teams including Safety, Engineering, Loss Prevention, Quality Assurance, Human Resources to develop plans to meet business objectives
- Lead large-scope projects with site and regional impact
- Support, mentor, and motivate your salaried and hourly workforce
- Stand/walk for up to 12 hours during shifts
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience in: military, manufacturing, automotive, biotech, electronics, energy, instrumentation, machinery, defense/aerospace, medical, cosmetics, production, or distribution environments.
- Experience managing a team of 2+ salaried employees and 70+ indirect employees
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Experience scoping, leading, and implementing process improvements through: Lean process, Kaizen, and/or Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Track record of meeting or exceeding department performance goals
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sioux Falls, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A