As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you define the strategic vision for the search engine that delivers delightful experience to our customers in their shopping mission. You will partner with business experts, data modelers, scientists, and engineers by leveraging new trends in Information retrieval, natural language processing, and machine learning. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, and will work with technical customers to identify and prioritize needs, able to effectively influence up and across the organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality search experience that customers love. As a single-threaded owner, you are trusted to operate with complete independence
- Define creative, high quality, and clear roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create specifications and architecture for search engine features and applications
- Analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to identify key pain points.
- Roll up sleeves as necessary to ensure projects stay on schedule and meet our high standards of quality.
- Build innovative concepts and successfully champion them through senior management and other teams.
- Design and lead a multi-year product roadmap, balancing short and long-term goals to scale globally.
- Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Partner with Engineering, Science, Operations, and partner teams to create best-in-class search solutions for customers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Developer or Scientist evangelism.
- Passion for creating innovative solutions for modern shopping experience
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience delivering innovative software products and services in a high growth environment
- MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with one or more of the: Product Search, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, or Application Orchestration
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A