The Senior Vendor Manager will engage directly with multiple internal and external teams to optimize the product offering in their categories. This person will lead multiple facets of a retail business (e.g., buying/vendor management, product management, operations, marketing/merchandising) and identify growth opportunities. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver results at both a strategic and executional level across all aspects of the business. The Senior Vendor Manager will utilize a wide range of skills and work across major functional areas such as merchandising, buying, pricing, inventory management, operations, online marketing, and finance to drive category performance.
The Senior Vendor Manager will have accountability for the business results of their product categories. The Senior Vendor Manager has direct responsibility for business performance (P&L ownership) including creating the category strategy and setting goals for their vendors and initiatives to align with broader business goals. In executing category strategy, the Senior Vendor Manager develops and grows vendor relationships, negotiates contracts, curates product selection, develops promotional programs, drives sales and margin improvements, and creates best-in-class customer experiences.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
- A background (4+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
- Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion of large-scale projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arlington, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A