This role supports and focuses on our Media and Content delivery services such as Cloudfront, Simple email service, Lambda @Edge, Transfer accelerator, AWS Elemental services (Video streaming and Transcoding), kinesis Video streams and Elastic Transcoder. Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. Cloud support Engineer – Storage (Data In Transit).
Qualification & Experience:
- Expertise with network troubleshooting and tools e.g. iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig,
- Strong understanding of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, TCP and UDP.
- Understanding of streaming video (H264, MP4, WEBM, HLS, Smooth Streaming)
- Knowledge of compressed and uncompressed digital video and audio standards, especially around HEVC, H.264 and MPEG-2 technologies
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems architectures.
- Experience with scripting (i.e. bash, Java Script, Node JS, Python, PowerShell etc.)
- Experience operating and troubleshooting email services using SMTP protocol
- Good Unix/Linux or Windows system administration skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A