As a Manager, Data Science in Workforce Staffing, you will have a strong focus on quantitative data analysis, understanding labor markets and the candidates within them. You will be responsible for building and developing a team, developing roadmaps, and driving business impact through your research at global scale.
You will lead data science projects using your deep expertise in statistics (regressions, multilevel models, structural equation models, etc.), and data collection in a variety of settings (e.g., field studies, surveys, existing large data sets) to define and answer nebulous problems. You leverage your quantitative background to develop and test theoretical frameworks and design experiments. You design, deployment, and conduct analysis of our global candidate research activities, using experimental, quasi-experimental, and RCT methods. You relentlessly obsess over understanding our candidates and what attracts them to Amazon. You work with colleagues across Research, Data Science, Business Intelligence and related teams to enable Amazon find and hire the right candidates for the right roles at an unprecedented scale.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability mentoring, coaching, and influencing colleagues, collaborators, and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience conveying complex subject matter to clients and stakeholders
- Experience converting research studies into tangible real-world changes
- Experience building and managing teams with 3+ years of line management experience
- Experience navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Experience independently designing and executing research or evaluations aimed at answering ambiguous, difficult-to-test questions
- Master’s degree in a relevant quantitative discipline with 7+ years industry experience
- Comfortable with at least one computational language (e.g., R, Python)
- Demonstrated experience of influencing partner teams with research
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A