Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Americas commercial sales finance team to support our West commercial sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon and to help build the foundation for a rapidly growing Americas Field Finance organization.
- Deliver analysis and recommendations to enhance field productivity, accelerate growth, improve processes, identify new key metrics, and communicate best practices.
- Produce month end commentary and analysis on key drivers for topline and bottom line performance, risks and opportunities, and recommendations for improvement.
- Validate and improve controllership functions. This includes but is not limited to reporting accuracy, area training, customer past due balances, private pricing agreements, non-standard discounts or deal terms, and quality of writing.
- Build models to measure the impact of past initiatives, assess the feasibility of new ideas, and support decision making.
- Develop & maintain effective business partnership throughout short- and long-term financial planning cycles. Partner with services finance and sales leadership to build a bottoms up operating plan and establish key initiatives to achieve topline and bottom line targets.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience improving processes, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Experience in a business partnering role
- Experience influencing decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
- Experience working independently, meeting tight deadlines, and being a self-starter in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience building and managing Excel models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and decision support
- Experience manipulating data using SQL or similar tools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A