Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Concept Artist to join the New World art team. As a Concept Artist, you will work with the Art Director and lead artists to create memorable environments and characters that are grounded in reality, exude personality and life. you will work to concept and develop drawn assets for social media, 2.5D cinematics and internal needs. You will be working closely with the Art Director to create illustrations that work within our brand guidelines and files for our production and animation team to use. You will use your artistic expertise in color, composition, shape, atmosphere and visual design to help develop an iconic visual style. Your knowledge of environment, character design, icons will provide the foundations which make the game world engaging, inspirational and believable.
- Excellent visual storyteller creating detailed, inventive, and believable worlds
- Exceptional traditional and digital art skills With a specialty in characters
- Own the high-quality delivery of assigned corresponding projects
- Ability to craft production drawings (turnarounds, layouts and isometric views) for characters, creatures and weapons.
- Effective collaborator, strong communicator and problem solver able to coordinate with creative internal and external teams
- Portfolio that demonstrates style range, creativity and craftsmanship
- A deep understanding of human and creature anatomy.
- 3+ years professional experience as a concept artist
- Solid approach from ideation to final concepts
- A good eye for form, structure and shape in regards to design.
- Ability to craft production concept work for environments
- Ability to convey emotional intent through dramatic lighting and composition
- Works effectively across all game development disciplines
- Exceptional communication skills and strong collaborative spirit
- Experienced with digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irvine, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A