Website Air Canada
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- General updates and development of spreadsheets and reports as required.
- Conduct daily calendar management (Outlook) and proactively adjust schedule based on priorities.
- Manage all correspondence, internal and external, respond as required and as appropriate.
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute meeting material, e.g., agenda, reports, etc.
- Provide overall administrative guidance and support to Senior Directors.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, reports as required.
- Direct handling of confidential matters, i.e. correspondence, telephone queries, etc.
- Coordinate meetings both locally and at remote locations, i.e. book conference rooms, meeting notices, hotels and flight, etc.
- Maintain efficient flow of procedures/processes and take initiative to review/analyze the status quo and recommend.
- Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems.
- A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional maturity and judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills: problem solving, customer focused, approachability.
- Ability to multi-task never sacrificing quality.
- Diploma or Degree in Administration and/or Communication with experience managing multiple projects, as well as 5+ years of related experience supporting upper-management.
- Proven customer orientation and ability to work with various client levels
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound knowledge and proficiency of computer skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
Company: British Airways
Vacancy Type: Full time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A