The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)/ Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in expanded scope clinics is an integral part of the clinic team inside of MinuteClinic. Under the supervision of a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, the LPN/LVN will advance the evidence based practice in all patient encounters as they perform the major job duties and tasks within the scope of their training. The role is responsible for assisting patients and performing or assisting with all clinical services available at the clinics. The LVN/LPN will perform patient registration and intake tasks, will assist with wait room management and other tasks to enhance the patient experience. Clinical responsibilities to include phlebotomy and specimen collection services, vaccine injection, patient assessment activities during intake such as vital signs, and performing diagnostic tests such as EKG and Retinopathy.
- Process specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to individual test requirements.
- Preparing, administering and providing vaccination services.
- Collect hair and oral fluid specimen samples and send to a reference lab for testing.
- Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate computer ordering codes.
- Collect and document vital signs on patients
- Able to demonstrate proper collection techniques in accordance with the laboratory collection services policy and procedure manual.
- Perform blood draws and sending samples to a reference lab for processing.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience documenting within an Electronic Medical Record required.
- Minimum of one year related work experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Must have a full, active and unrestricted license as a Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States or District of Columbia.
- Ability to take vital signs, perform phlebotomy blood draws and perform Point of Care Testing required.
- Ability to work independently
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A